Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Amazing Binder Clip

       I use a lot of games during math and literacy stations and students are always losing pieces, especially the little plastic stands that hold the characters up.  By the end of the year, there aren't any stands left and students end up having to use unifix cubes as their game pieces. 
Squeeze fasteners together to remove from steel binder. Be
sure to save fasteners in case you ever want to change
game pieces out.
   As I was looking online to see if i could buy a bulk supply of plastic game stands,  I came across, "54 Uses For Binder Clips That Will Change Your Life."   Some of my favorites are, impromptu hair tie, toothpaste tube squeezer, and laundry machine lonely sock solution.  (I'll never lose another teacher sock again thanks to that one!)
    
     Reading about all of these creative ways to use a binder clip got me thinking of other ways to use these springy steel clamps.  An hour later, I came up with number 55, using a binder clip as a game piece stand.  I'm sure Kindergarten teachers have been using this since the invention of Candy Land in 1949, and am sorry it took me this long to figure it out for myself. 
FREE GAME
     So thank you, Louis E. Baltzley, the inventor of the binder clip. Now my poor students will no longer fight over which color unifix cube they want to be and will once again fight over which super hero they are.  In honor of Louis E. Baltzley, and the the amazing Binder Clip, we are giving away a free math game in our TPT store. So hop on over HERE and download it. And don't forget your binder clips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment